Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Perfect Day

I'd been thinking a bit about what my daily routine should look like during my sabbatical.  So, I decided to outline "the perfect day".  Now, let me define "perfect".  This isn't Utopia.  This is real life.  So, "perfect" means what I think would be a productive use of my time off, while allowing me the break I think I need.  Here's what I'm thinking:

  • 7-8 Wake up and job with the dog (poor thing never gets enough love)
  • 8-9 Pick up the house
  • 9-10 Attend an appointment (therapist, trainer, whatever)
  • 10-1 Focus on my career
  • 2-3 Gym
  • 3-4 Hiking or the park with the dog
  • 4-5 Grocery store (hoping to cook more)
  • 5-6 Creative (writing, painting, whatever)
  • 6-7 Cook and eat
  • 7-9 Relax (or date?)
  • 9-10 Read and off to bed
Some other random notes I've made are to think about volunteering, art or dance classes, fitness classes, and spending time reaching out to friends and people in my network.  Will be interesting to see if this is how things play out.  It feels pretty far away.  If you could build your perfect day, what would it look like?  Hasta, sabbaticaljo

No comments:

Post a Comment