Monday, February 7, 2011

Superbowl (and sabbatical) Kickoff

I'd decided a few weeks ago that it would be fun to party a little on my first weekend off.  Admittedly, I didn't think that would mean me waking up still at a Super Bowl party location on Monday morning of my sabbatical.  But that's probably another blog post.  Or another blog.

Friday night I got a hilarious call from India.  I'd blogged earlier about my virtual assistant service.  I'd managed to sell a couple others on it in the past month and one of them used the service to call me with a congratulatory phone call on my drive home from the office on my last Friday night.  A few of us had joked a bit about the fact that the request form had an option for "Celebratory Phone Call".  Like, who would be so lame as to have some random person in India make a celebratory phone call?  I like Ghouse as much as the next gal using AskSunday, but I don't need him calling my mother to say happy birthday.  But a friend used the service to call me and it was ridiculously funny.  A great way to kick off the weekend.

This weekend was all about getting to connect with friends.  Saturday was a day in NYC.  I had lunch with a friend, drinks with the girls, then a few others met up with us for dinner and dancing.  Sunday morning I migrated from NYC to a friend's house near the shore for a Superbowl party.  Plenty of drinks and snacking later, I awoke Monday morning.  My first day of not having to go to work.  It was beautiful.  Although I was not in tip-top shape, I hauled myself to the gym and hit the treadmill.  The best part was after my workout when I leisurely showered and got ready in the locker room for the day.  No rushing.  No checking my calendar.  Only one goal to complete the Energy Leadership Index (ELI) Assessment that I'd been given by M, my life coach.  I sat at Panera for 2 hours, completing the assessment and returning emails to friends that have been sitting for weeks.  Once home, I sat down at my newly purchased keyboard and worked through three lessons.  It's amazing how quickly reading music and playing is coming back to me.  It's a great reminder of how much is in us that we don't regularly access.  I can't wait to learn more about what I can do.  What talents are hiding in you?  Hasta, sabbaticaljo

No comments:

Post a Comment